All in all, not a bad 12 days. I gave up some things…
- pumpkin scones and grande soy no-whip hot chocolate from Starbucks
- pumpkin chocolate chip muffins from Whole Foods
- chocolate bundt cake slices from the kosher deli in the building across from office
- Flamer’s fried fish sandwiches and fries
- chocolate chip cookies and milk after dinner
- The elevator
…and added some others:
- The gym (only 2 days so far, but that’s better than no gym at all)
- Yogurt with whole blueberries
- small meals/snacks between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner
- 5 flights of stairs
My new attitude inspired me to get back in the kitchen and cook – something I love to do but haven’t done with an ounce of enthusiasm since April. I found an interesting recipe for Tuna Burgers with Wasabi Mayonnaise and gave it a whirl. Basically, the burgers were chopped tuna filets,
with some chopped green onions, minced garlic (here’s your cue, Juan) onions and egg whites.
I roasted some potatoes for the side.
I didn’t think it was too bad. Others were not so positive.
The crazed look might had more to do with the fact that I spent the price of a night out at the movies on a couple of slabs of tuna.
My excuse is that we had not done our usual Friday family night out, so I was within budget limits by spending a little (ok…a lot) on the tuna. Fortunately the scary, bad man was appeased by a neighbor’s delivery of some of the best cinnamon buns on the planet. Seriously. The buns were insanely good. Yes, I had one. They were impossible to resist.
So Day 13 begins in a couple of hours. Onward and downward!